Pathways Therapy provides services for individuals with amputations. Treatment will be based on the individual’s needs and goals. Clients may be seen for pre-prosthetic rehabilitation, and for continued physiotherapy to address ongoing goals for prosthetic users. We also work with individuals who will not be receiving a prosthesis to maximize their independence. Pathways will collaborate with the client’s amputee team, including their prosthetist, as needed.
Physiotherapy Treatment for Amputees may include:
- Development and progression of an exercise program to improve strength and range of motion in the lower limbs.
- Core strengthening and upper body exercises as needed.
- Transfer training with and without a prosthesis.
- Mobility training without a prosthesis using a walker or crutches as appropriate.
- Gait training with the prosthesis including progression of gait aids and addressing any problems with the client’s walking pattern.
- Training on stairs and slopes.
- Balance training
- Desensitization activities and treatment of phantom pain.
- Stump care including stump bandaging.
- Education regarding appropriate use of the prosthesis such as donning and doffing, monitoring fit and sock management.
Get in Touch!
We have a diverse team of professional therapists dedicated to helping you meet your rehabilitation goals. Let’s talk about some next steps to getting you on the road to recovery.